The euro symbol (€) is the official currency sign of the European Union and its member states. But how do you type it on your keyboard? In this article, we will show you how to type euro on any keyboard, whether it’s Windows, Mac, or Linux.
If you are using a Windows keyboard, there are several ways to type the Japanese currency and European currency symbol. One of the easiest ways is to use the Alt code method. To do this, you need to press and hold the Alt key and then type the code 0128 on the numeric keypad. Then release the Alt key and the euro sign will appear.
You can use the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+E on windows and Option/Alt+Shift+2 on Mac to type the symbol of euro.
Keyboard Shortcuts and Alt Code:
|Keyboard Shortcuts||20AC + Alt-X|
|Unicode||U + 20AC|
|Mac Shortcuts||Alt/Option + Shift + 2|
Copy and Paste Euro Sign:
5 Ways to type/Insert Euro Letter in Microsoft Word and Excel:
- Symbol Library
- Autocorrect Method
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Character Map
- Alt Code
STEP 1: SYMBOL LIBRARY
To insert euro currency sign in Microsoft Word,
- Place the cursor where you want to insert the euro text.
- Then, navigate to the “Insert” tab and click on “Symbol” in the “Symbols” section.
- From there, select “More Symbols” from the dropdown menu.
- Look for the euro letter or enter the Unicode 02AC.
- Finally, click on it to insert it.
STEP 2: Autocorrect Method
If you frequently use symbols like the currency sign euro in Microsoft Word, you can use the autocorrect feature to make it easier.
- To do this, go to the “Insert” tab and select euro from the list of symbols.
- Then, check the “Autocorrect” box and type “eurocurrency” in the “Replace” box.
- Click on “Add” and “Save” to save the change.
- From now on, whenever you type “eurocurrency” in Word, it will automatically change to the letter €.
STEP 3: ALT CODE
If you have a numeric keyboard and want to quickly add the € symbol to a Word document, follow these steps:
- Place the cursor where you want the symbol.
- Press the Alt key and type 0128 on the numeric keyboard.
If you don’t have a numeric keyboard, enable the NumLock key or use an external keyboard. Once you enter the code, release the key and the symbol will be inserted.
STEP 4: CHARACTER MAP
If you prefer using the Character Map tool to insert the euro sign into your document then,
- Open the search bar and type “Character Map,” then press Enter.
- Select the “Advanced View” option from the pop-up menu.
- In the search field, type “euro” to find the symbol.
- Once you locate it, click on the symbol to highlight it.
- Click the “Select” button and choose “Copy” to copy it to your clipboard.
- You can then paste the symbol anywhere you need it in your document.
STEP 5: KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS
Here’s a super easy way to insert the euro (€) into your Microsoft Word document using a keyboard shortcut:
- Type in ’20AC’ using either a regular or numeric keyboard.
- After entering the code, simultaneously press the ‘Alt’ and ‘X’ keys.
The euro character appears in your Word doc.
How to Type Euro Symbol on Mac?
To type the European currency symbol on a Mac, you can use the keyboard shortcut.
- Press and hold the ‘Option’ (or ‘Alt’) key on your keyboard.
- While holding the ‘Option’ key, press the ‘Shift’ key.
- With both ‘Option’ and ‘Shift’ keys held down, press the number ‘2’ key.
There you go! The Euro (€) currecny should now appear in your text.
Whether you’re using a Windows PC or a Mac, inserting the Euro symbol into your text is a simple and straightforward process. For Windows users, remember to press ‘Ctrl’ + ‘Alt’ + ‘E’ or ‘Alt’ + ‘0128’ using the numeric keypad. For Mac users, just hold down the ‘Option’ and ‘Shift’ keys and press the number ‘2’.
If you need any kind of information related to this symbol, you can comment below or contact here.